Graduate Research Opportunities:
The Collaborative Systems Laboratory at the University of Waterloo is seeking strong graduate (Masters or PhD) student candidates for conducting research in the areas of:
- Interface and interaction design and development, or
- Human behavioural research and analysis related to use of novel collaborative environments.
Research projects will focus on identifying user-centred design requirements and on developing software user interfaces and application software for large-screen, multi-user digital tabletop systems, like the Microsoft Surface, or for systems combining digital tabletops with other interactive display devices (e.g., nearby wall displays, tablets, laptops, etc.). Application development will focus on the following domain areas:
- Strategic planning, monitoring and control for defence and emergency response,
- Utility control room operations, or
- Gaming and new media
- Previous course or work experience in human-computer interaction, human factors, user interface design, or visualization development,
- Strong software development capabilities
- Previous course experience in psychology, social psychology, cognitive processes,
- Previous course or work experience in experimental design, statistical analysis, or qualitative data analysis
Interested students should contact Prof. Scott. Serious inquiries only, PhD candidates preferred.
Undergraduate Research Opportunities:
- Available Co-op Positions: Click (here) for a list of available coop positions in CSL. Interested parties should contact Prof. Scott.
- Volunteer and part-time paid undergraduate research work is often available on a term-by-term basis.